Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Warm Fuzzies . . .

3 year old climbed up in the computer chair behind me and started rocking us back and forth. I took her hands that were on my shoulders and rapped them tightly around my neck and rocked us a little faster. She quickly told me that she thought we might fall backwards, but I assured her that I had her and that she would not get hurt. She immediately smiled and told me to go faster.

2 year old likes to scream at bugs. She apparently believes that this will scare them away. (It always sends me running) I recently explained to her that bugs do not have ears (but mommy does) and that yelling does not bother them (but it does mommy). I showed her that you could make most bugs go away by “Shooo” ing them. Shortly after that inspiring lesson, I started to take her into her room to get her ready for a nap. As you can imagine the 2 year old was in no way interested in taking her nap. As she sees me coming towards her with her blanket and a sippy cup in my hand she starts running from me yelling, “NO THANK YOU MOMMY!! NO THANK YOU!! ” So as I laid her down on the changing table she stuck both hands in my face and said, “ Shooo mommy, shoo!“ I LOVE THAT KID!

3 year old was in the bubble bath with her face down in the water. I tell her not to drink the bath water and she picks her head up and says, “ I’m not drinking the water Mom, I’m being Santa.” She had white bubbles all around her mouth and on her chin.
This kid’s smart. There was no mirror in the tub.

Anytime anything good happens my 2 year old yells (yes, she’s very very loud), “THANK YOU MOMMA!!! THANK YOU!!”. She will do this about anything, pizza, jumpy house, suckers, a good cartoon, bath time, anything that makes her happy, even if I had nothing to do with it. I guess one of these days I should tell her that all good things come from God, but it feels so good to be that well thought of that I admit that I might have drug my feet a little on that one.

3 year old told me, after I insisted that she stop playing with my makeup, that Santa was not going to come see me if I didn’t start being nicer to her. (That one didn’t warm my heart so much)

No comments: