Monday, December 4, 2006

Once upon a time. . . .

I love my children. I would not want my life without them, but sometimes it’s interesting to look back on some of the changes that we have made to make our lives and homes suitable for them. Fill free to add your own
additions.

Once upon a time. . .

I could go an entire day or two without mysteriously smelling like soured milk.
I could have a lenthy conversation without interrupting the other adult to say something silly like: “Don’t touch that! It’s an Oweeee!” or “Please don’t stick your figure in your sister’s nose!”
I could sleep through the night without being wakened by little people making big demands.
I could walk through my entire house without stepping on one single Cheerio.
I could sit for a whole twenty minutes without either getting up to check on a loud noise, or getting up to check because it was too quite.
I could throw something in the back seat of my car without checking to see if it cleared all three car seats and didn’t land on anything gooey.
I could wait and run my dishwasher when it was full, not whenever I run out of clean sippy cups or bottles.
I could run out to the mail box without being worried a little person would lock me out of my own house.
I could brush my hair and teeth before 10:00am.
I could get dressed in the morning to go out that night and stay clean ALL day!
I could go out at night.
I could have spontaneous sex with my husband.
I could run out of milk in the frig and it did not require a midnight run to the nearest store.
I could wrap Christmas presents at the kitchen table and not in the master bathroom.
I could open any drawer, door, or cabinet without fiddling with a latch of some kind.
I could leave something valuable to me lower than four feet off the ground.
I could sit at my kitchen table and not find leftovers stuck to it from three nights ago.
My walls didn’t require touch- up painting every 8 hours.
I could leave food and water in the house, out for the dog all day.
I could do a load of laundry without it requiring half a bottle of Spray N Wash.

No comments: