Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It could be worse...you could be a fish.

I’m a big believer in “It could be worse.”
If you call me late at night, and cry on my shoulder, I’ll cry with you. I’ll listen to you. I’ll try to comfort you. But before the night is through, be sure you’ll hear those four annoying words come out of my mouth. I just can’t help it. I believe it, and for some reason I find it comforting.
If you don’t believe me. If you think it would be impossible for things to be worse, you’re wrong.
You could be an Anglerfish. Anglerfish are those nasty looking sharp teeth fish that live in the Deep Dark Ocean. You know the ones. They have that little light that hangs off their head to attract their pry. Yep, that’s them. But, not only are they extremely freaky to look at, the male of their species is even more disturbing. He looks nothing like the female. He has no light and is a lot smaller in comparison, but the worse part is that he actually attaches himself to the sides of the female. The disturbing part is that he NEVER detaches. He melts, sort of dissolving into the female's sides. Scientists thought that these fish just had a lumpy exterior, but no. It was actually the remains of their former lovers.
Now that’s bad.
At least the black widow moves on after devouring her mate, she never has to see him again, but the Anglerfish sees her ex-mate's butt every time she looks at her own. He’s like cellulite. Not to mention that he actually becomes part of her. His blood mixes into hers. He’s a parasite.
So you may have it bad right now, but you can always take solace in the fact that your ex’s aren’t permanently attached to your butt.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's disgusting. I'm a little curious as to how you know that, but I am afraid to ask because you might include more details about the parasitic, ass-munching, sex fish. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Moggy said...

I feel much better now. I am also one of those "it could be worse" people. That seems to work for me most of the time.

Merry Christmas

DAWN Literary Magazine said...

You've given me a whole new outlook on life! When I think of ex's hanging around forever - eeeeyuck!