Tuesday, February 13, 2007

We are sick. sick. sick.

We sound like a bunch of cartoon characters, with our ‘nobs all stuffy and stuff. There are bits of tissue everywhere. My 3 year old gets frantic when she can’t find one, so I leave them where she can. Everywhere. I took a hot bath last night and completely melted. It took all that I had in me to crawl out of the bath and into my bed. I was ready to pass out around 7:30 p.m. but didn’t get that privilege until 9:00 p.m. Hubby got up with Babyboy so all in all I slept about 12 hours! Un-freakin-believable! I swear that must be a record around here.
Sleep is such a rare commodity in this house. Hubby and I are to the point where we are not above begging, cheating, and stealing for it. We’ve bartered. “I’ll get up with the kids tonight, if you will let me sleep in in the morning.” We cry and we beg. It’s just the way it is around here.
Unfortunately I see no end in sight. With the three kids being as young as they are, it’s always a toss up as to who will get up next. Even if Babyboy decides to sleep through the night, his sisters don’t.
Yes, coffee helps, but there has to be a better way. I’ve even fantasized about ropin’ in a babysitter and saying goodbye and leaving out the front door, only to crawl back into my bedroom window for a undisturbed nap. Maybe one day. . .
Until then I am the zombie woman with unbrushed hair that can’t make complete senten….zzzzzzz.

No comments: