Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Surprise your Heart Day

Valentine’s Day

Does it make your heart beat faster and a smile spread across your face. Or do your eyes roll back into your head as it repeatedly pounds against the wall. Do you get butterflies in your stomach or you lose your lunch?
For me. . . well, I’m a glutton for punishment, but I see magic. The same kind of magic that creeps in under the door and around the windows on Christmas Eve. The same magic that hangs in the night air and dares you to believe.
I see the magic of love.
That element of surprise that may pop out of someone’s heart when the stars align just so. . .
The idea that someone may do something, or say something that would be out of character for them, but that would let you see what you have longed to see in them. . .love.
Love for you.
We all want to be loved. We all know that we are loved, by someone, somewhere. But to get to see it, or feel it is such a treat.
I like Valentine’s Day.
Even when I was single it was somehow a magical day. And if no one surprised me with a declaration of love that year, I didn’t seem to notice. I was too busy watching, and thinking, and planning my own surprises.
Valentine’s Day is beautiful, if for no other reason than it fills the day with hope and love.
Happy Valentine’s Day people.
Let your own heart surprise you, and maybe someone you love.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Ha, just randomly browsing around, and I read this entry about three times. I like the way your thoughts work themselves out. Intriguing.