Friday, February 16, 2007

Rough, Rough

I’ve heard of these wives that spend a little extra time on themselves right before their husbands get home every day. They apply a little makeup, brush their hair, put on a clean shirt and maybe a little perfume. . .nice.
I however am not known to do that. I rarely look at myself in the mirror at all in a day and when I do, I scare myself so bad that I think I purposely avoid it next time.
Yep, my sweet husband does not come home to a well groomed, sweet smelling lovely wife. He’s more likely to meet a messy lady that is still wearing puppy ears from when the kids and I were playing dress up. I do my best to be convincing during these games, so smelling like a dog is just part of the fun. *strained grin. . .right?
It’s not that I don’t love my husband and want him to always find me irresistibly attractive, it’s just that life happens, and I’m always right in the middle of it.
I just thank God for his patience, and that he’s a man of vision.
But most of all. . . .

I thank God that he’s a dog lover.

2 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

my husband's just happy when I'm not wearing his workout clothes. lol. I'm trying to do better. My motto for 2007 is: "I'm Bringing Sexy Back"

For what it's worth, I think puppy ears are totally sexy.
:-)

Hums said...

LOL, thanks!