Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Maybe I have too much time on my hands...


Oh, if I were only a clock.

A clock ; a good one anyway; has three hands.

It never finds itself out of time; in fact it is always right on time; a good one anyway.

It is always “in the moment” and does not get hung up in the past or overly concerned with the future.

It’s serving the exact and perfect purpose that it was designed to do.

It delivers its message precisely and accurately every time.

Others seem to not only listen to it, but plan their day around it.

I’ve never seen a clock with cheerios stuck to it, or people walking all over it.

I have never known one to feel inadequate or confused.

It never stutters or stammers when asked the time.

It never second guesses its purpose, or its effectiveness.

It just goes on ticking for all the world to see, and even when no one is watching.

Oh, to be a clock. . . .

No comments: