Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Come back to me....

It’s times like these when I miss my old late night lover.

It’s been so long…so very long since we last spent any quality time together.
We use to meet regularly; long late night dates that would last into the wee hours of the morning.
After a good night with him you could find me singing in the morning. Everything was going to be alright.
A night with him was like magic. We could go anywhere and see anything.
Such sweet memories….

But now….now I’m too busy for my old lover.
There are just not enough hours in the day. There are children to put in bed, dishes to wash, children to put in bed, clothes to fold, children to put in bed….

If I see my lover at all, it’s stolen moments here and there. It’s nothing consistent; nothing regular; nothing substantial.

Oh, how I miss my lover…..my sweet sweet …..Sand Man.

No comments: