Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Random Stupids:

I had to conduct some casual business over the phone today. Apparently Jonathan, the genius, and highly intuitive guy on the other end of the phone, found me to be charming and possibly even witty for he asked me if I was married before the call was ended. I was completely flattered and had the goofiest grin stuck to my foolish face before I realized that the poor man has never laid eyes on me. So much for that.

I put the kids in bed repeatedly tonight. By 10:30 all I wanted to do was disappear. So after a minute or two of silence, I slipped outside to hide. Took a deep breath of fresh air; looked up at the sky and embraced the silence. The silence was interrupted by the sound of my two year old sneaking outside herself, apparently to hide from me. Boy was she surprised. She must think I’m everywhere. That’ll come in handy when she’s 16.

3 comments:

Drew said...

hey hey... Sorry, I haven't been around in a while. I was home for the weekend, and I've been really sick the last few days... Not having to go to work was pretty sweet, but... being sick in bed is definitely no way to replace it :/

Drew said...

so so so......

I had to tell you this:

Last Friday I went out to eat lunch at this very southern country BBQ buffet. I went thru the buffet bar and loaded my plate with food, of course, and went to go sit down with some people from work. In the midst of my meal, I looked over @ the bar to see a sign displaying 7 wooden letters: "INDULGE". Man... my first thought came to your monthly photo idea. If only I had my camera... it would have been quite the candid! well, yah... that's all there was to that..

Drew said...

1) Yes, I'm up for another
2) But, I need to get actually creative with this one
3) Plus, there needs to be an actual picture this time... this last time was something I just saw, remembered, and then quickly laughed to myself.

...thanks for your comments / good wishing on my post - I'll need it.