Monday, August 6, 2007

Love is in the Air.

I am having an unusual evening….
As I sit and answer some emails and write this post I can smell something…
It’s not just something…it’s my past.
I can smell the perfume that I wore sixteen years ago. Literally.
It’s the oddest, most wonderful thing.
I wore a perfume several years ago called Unforgettable.
They no longer make it, and haven’t for many years. I loved it so much that I saved the little that was left in the bottle to wear on my wedding day. It was not expensive, but it brings back such warm lovely feelings. I am enjoying every breath I take.
I can not figure out were it is coming from. It seems like it’s coming from me. I am wearing something right now, and although it is nice and I enjoy it, it’s not what I am smelling.
I was in Dillard’s today and picked up some cologne for my husband….maybe I brought a little phantom perfume home with me…..
All I know is that I am filled with memories and feelings that belong to a young lady in love. I think I’ll sit here a little longer….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me that the sense of smell is so incredibly strong at bringing back memories. I love it when it happens to me - out of nowhere - some smell triggers a trip down memory lane. And while I'm not a perfume wearer, Love's Baby Soft always brings me back to 7th grade!

Anonymous said...

I used to wear that cologne, too. It was Avon, right? I agree with you. It was the most wonderful scent I have ever smelled. Mmmmmm........

Hums said...

Nope, this one was made by Revlon and I ordered it off ebay...it's discontinued. Haven't seen it yet though.....